Saturday, March 24, 2012

truth telling


not too long ago i did a posting on 'diary of a mad housewife.' maybe it was a posting on the actress carrie snodgress. can't recall! however, i do know for a fact that i mentioned frank langella being, in his youth, the sexiest actor i ever saw on screen. hence, the 'mad housewife' put up with his arrogant ways so as to keep him as a lover.

well, guess what? frank was not only gorgeous but he went and wrote a biography that promises to satisfy our mind's as well. it's called 'dropped names', and it comes out in a week or so. it is gonna be FUN.

here's what i've read about it:

In the world described by Langella, Richard Burton was a ‘crashing bore’ who liked to recite poetry in a drunken stupor, Rex Harrison was a ‘real son of a bitch’ terrified people would think he was homosexual (he wasn’t), and Laurence Olivier was a ‘silly old English gent who loved to play camp and gossip’. Paul Newman was dull, and Graduate star Anne Bancroft was so vain she fell in love with her own reflection.

As Olivier put it when he grabbed Langella by the arm following a Dracula photocall at which both refused to play second fiddle: ‘You know, Frankie, dear. You’re a monster. So am I. It’s what you need to be a star.’

pre-order!

3 comments:

Alexa said...

I couldn't agree more about Frank. I own an ancient copy of Diary of a Mad Housewife that I cherish. DYING to read his autobiography, thanks for letting me know it's coming!

Alexa said...

I couldn't agree more about Frank. I own an ancient copy of Diary of a Mad Housewife that I cherish. DYING to read his autobiography, thanks for letting me know it's coming!

pal shazar said...

you are very welcome!