Wednesday, June 8, 2011

with a little help from his friends




sweetie pie mickey rourke is either totally honest or a dang fine actor on and off screen. he had his dog 'loki' with him when he made his very first talk show appearance in '94. he had already made lots of films so i guess he was shy about this sort of thing. i think you will agree that he was doing his best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OaeolcAUQ

'I just wanted to push a button and disappear....I think I hadn't left the house for four or five months, and I was sitting in the closet, sleeping in the closet for some reason, and I was in a bad place, and I just remember I was thinking, 'Oh, man,' then I looked at my dog, and he made a sound, like a little almost human sound. I don't have kids, the dogs became everything to me. The dog was looking at me going, 'Who's going to take care of me?'-mickey rourke

best buds: mickey with 'loki' (his dog of 18 years)/with johnny depp/John Enos and Mickey Rourke 1994

No comments: