Wednesday, June 30, 2010

beauty and the boss


humphrey and lauren were a real dream team. they clearly knew a thing or two about dressing well.

i recently saw 1939's 'invisible stripes.' great title. in this super fun movie bogart was a tough ingrate, bad to the bone, with nothing but a scowl for the prison official who was wishing him well. while showering on his big day of being released from prison, i noticed what a fit little guy bogie was. he coulda been a contender! the more i watch bogart films the more i love him.

In her 1978 autobiography "By Myself," Bacall wrote: "I used to tremble from nerves so badly that the only way I could hold my head steady was to lower my chin practically to my chest and look up at Bogie. That was the beginning of The Look. I still get the shakes from time to time."

No comments: