Thursday, April 29, 2010

the knack



"But I'd been around a lot before I met any of the Rolling Stones," says Pallenberg, in her beautiful, wood-panelled, apartment overlooking Chelsea Embankment. "I was in Rome in 1960 just as La Dolce Vita was happening and met [Federico] Fellini, Alberto Moravia, [Luchino] Visconti and [Paolo] Pasolini. Then I went to model in New York in 1963 and hung out with Andy Warhol and all the Pop artists, and met the Beat poets. And then I went to Paris."

and THEN she went to paris. and THEN she lived with keith and made a movie with mick. a great movie.

on the filming of 'performance': 'We'd sit huddled together in the basement, shivering, getting stoned and waiting for scenes that we would eventually do maybe 28 times.' prima donna director and tedious cinematographer aside, it sure looked glamourous to me. i wanted to step into the film, a la 'purple rose of cairo' and know these people.

understatement of the day: "I've often been in the right place at the right time," says Pallenberg. "I guess it's a knack."

photos: james fox finds 'viewfinder' particularly fun after a meal which had been spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms by anita/amanita muscaria: poisonous.

No comments: