Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ouch


FEELINGS (lyrics)

'Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
trying to forget my feelings of love.

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl; you'll never come again.

Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.'

there is an jaw dropping scene in 'breakfast on pluto' involving suave and wonderful rocker bryan ferry and cillain murphy. transvestite hater (bryan) gives transvestite (cillain) a ride in his posh car, pulls off the main road, and pops on a cassette of the smarmiest of all songs! cillian's 'kitten', in an effort to be sweet, says she loves love songs. then bryan proceeds to try and strangle her.

the entire soundtrack to this film is pure delight. filmmaker neil jordan could only have been having fun at the songwriter's expense in this very frightening scene. mustachioed bryan ferry was excellent.

No comments: